Easiest way to put a portfolio up and update it quickly... start a blog about it. I'll try to keep everything here HCI/Design/UI/HF related. Theoretically that should mean older stuff will fall at the bottom, and newer stuff at the top. Here we go.
Just as a reference, I got started with HCI by taking Principles of User Interfaces with Karrie Karahalios at UIUC in Spring of 2006. I've since joined her social spaces group, pursued publication of our semester project from the UI class, and started a new interactive art piece. I've taken a "Design for CS" that focused on layouts and information architecture in which I designed a poster that was used at CHI, Human Performance and Engineering Psychology, Human Factors Issues in Health care, and two semesters of Independent Study Project. Somewhere in there I attended a one day lecture by Edward Tufte on "Presenting Data and Information" in Indianapolis. It's been a rather crazy year.
The wii is a perfect example of why I like HCI and UI and HF and any of those other acronyms you want to throw out there. Observation: People move their bodies when playing video games to "influence" the motion in the game. Solution: Make the video game respond to that motion. One of those "Well duh" moments that makes a lot of very happy people.
Thursday, February 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment